Your consent to the collection and/or use of data may be explicit (given verbally, in writing, or electronically) or implied (for example, when you voluntarily provide us with personal information for a specific purpose). In general, we will seek your consent at the time of information collection, unless required or otherwise permitted by law. You may withdraw your consent at any time, following reasonable notice.
We collect personal information that you have agreed to provide when making a purchase or voluntarily providing information to us (subscribing to our mailing list, submitting a contact form, sending an email or communicating through social media, mail, or phone).
We may collect information such as your name, date of birth, address, customer ID number, telephone number, payment information, and email address.
You can generally delete cookies from your device’s hard drive, block them, or receive a warning before they are stored on your computer, smartphone, or tablet.
Use of Collected Information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Identifying you as an EcoloPharm’s customer;
- Processing your orders and ensuring the provision of services and their follow-up;
- Communicating with you when you submit questions, comments, or suggestions;
- Informing you about our activities, products, or services;
- Offering promotions and contests;
- Personalizing our website based on your needs and preferences;
- Delivering advertisements to you on our social media platforms;
- Protecting you and preventing errors, theft, and fraud;Compiling statistics;
- Fulfilling our legal and regulatory obligations;
- Any other purpose for which you have provided your consent at the time of collection.
We do not use your personal information for purposes other than those to which you have consented or as permitted or required by law.
Sharing of Personal Information with Third Parties
We strive to limit the disclosure of your information to third parties to the strict minimum. Only EcoloPharm employees who require access to your information to perform their duties will have access to it.
Service providers, subcontractors, or agents, such as hosting providers, payment service providers, or order shipping service providers;
- Business partners offering products and services complementary to those offered by EcoloPharm;
- Parties involved in the sale, financing, or actual or potential reorganization of our business;
- Other third parties as authorized or required by law.
- Note that these third parties may be located outside Quebec or Canada.
Security and Accuracy of Personal Information
We use reasonable and appropriate security measures for the sensitivity of the personal information we collect and use. These measures aim to protect your personal information against loss, theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, reproduction, use, or modification.
Retention and Destruction of Personal Information
We retain personal information about you only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, comply with legal requirements, and protect our legitimate business interests.
Access to and Correction of Personal Information
We take reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of the personal information we have collected. However, it is your responsibility to inform us of any changes to your personal information.
We commit to respond to any request for access or correction within 30 days from the date of receiving your written request. In case of our refusal to provide or correct your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons for our refusal, subject to legal restrictions, as well as the available remedies.
Mathieu Poliquin, Director of Financial Performance, is the person responsible for access to documents and the protection of personal information at EcoloPharm.